4 tsps, grated
3 cloves, minced
Red pepper flakes
Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Low-sodium soy sauce
Mirin (Japanese wine)
1 tbsps (for garnish)
Baked Chicken Teriyaki
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sugar, Japanese wine, ginger, combine soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil. Stirring, simmer over medium-low for about 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Pat the chicken with paper towels. Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and pour the sauce over it.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until no longer pink in the center. Garnish with sesame seeds, serve and enjoy your Baked Teriyaki Chicken!