8, preferably pastured
1 ½ cups, white and pale green only
1 ½ cups, chopped + whole leaves for garnish
4 oz, cubed
2/3 cup, grated
Fresh ground black pepper
Baked Eggs with Arugula and Salmon
- Turn on the oven to preheat to 400°F/220°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Place a sauté pan on the cooker over medium heat, heat oil in the pan.
- Add leeks, cook stirring until softened (5 min or less). Remove from heat, but do not remove leeks from the pan. Stir in arugula while the leeks are still hot to let arugula leaves wilt.
- Apply cooking spray to ramekins. Place ¼ of the arugula-leeks mixture on the bottom of each ramekin, then ¼ of cubed salmon, and ¼ of grated Manchego (keep about a tablespoon to top the eggs).
- Crack an egg into each ramekin (try to keep the yolks intact!) Sprinkle with a little Manchego and a pinch of black pepper.
- Place ramekins into a baking sheet, pop in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the whites are set.
- Remove from oven, let rest on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes. Do not try to handle straight out of the oven – the eggs will be too hot!
- Serve garnished with the remaining arugula.