1 lb (4 sticks) + extra for the pan
Cheddar cheese (or Monterey Jack, or both)
2 cups + extra to top the casserole, grated
Green onions, sliced
Fresh ground black pepper
Baked Potato Casserole
2 h 30 m
2 h 80 m
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F/200 ?/Gas Mark 6.
- Fry bacon until crispy; set aside to cool; crumble.
- Scrub potatoes; rub with oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until tender (about 50 minutes). Remove from oven.
- Lower the heat to 350 F/180 C/Gas Mark 4.
- Scrape the insides of potatoes into a mixing bowl. Add butter, crumbled bacon and sour cream; mash together. Add cheese, milk, seasoned salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Smear a baking dish with butter; spoon the potato mixture into the dish; cover with grated cheese and bake for about 30 minutes.