Pure vanilla extract
1.2 cups, melted
1, sliced (optional)
1/2 cup, plus for drizzling
Caramel Banana Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by buttering and flouring it.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, vanilla, butter, buttermilk, egg yolk, and egg until smooth. Pour the mixture over the flour mixture. Stir to combine. Fold in mashed bananas and caramel.
- Transfer to the loaf pan. Scatter with the sliced banana if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Check for doneness with a toothpick: insert it in the center and see if it comes out clean. Allow the Banana Bread to cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel. Serve and enjoy your Banana Bread!