Vegetable oil for frying
8 (4 oz) fillets
Ground black pepper
1 (12 fl oz) can
Beer Batter Fish
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 365° F (185° C).
- Rinse the cod fillets and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour, paprika, garlic powder, 2 tsps salt, and 2 tsps pepper. Stir the beaten egg into the flour mixture. Slowly stir in beer. The batter should be thin.
- Dip cod in the mixture. Drop one fish fillet at a time into the oil.
- Fry until both sides are golden brown. Drain the fish on paper towels. Enjoy your Beer Batter Fish!