Warm water (110° F/43° C)
Warm milk (110° F/43° C)
1 1/2 cups
6 tbsp, melted, cooled
1 1/2 tbsp
Large egg yolks
1, lightly beaten
Best Honey Bread
2 h 50 m
2 h 75 m
- Pour water into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Add sugar and yeast. Stir until they dissolve. Add milk, honey, and butter. Mix until blended. Add egg yolks. Add flour (3 cups), and salt. Keep mixing for 5 minutes on LOW speed. Add more flour (2 cups). On medium speed, gradually add the remaining flour until the dough doesn't stick to the bowl of the mixer. Knead for about 7 minutes.
- Prepare a work surface by flouring it. Place the dough on the surface. Knead until smooth.
- Place the dough in a buttered bowl. Turn it over to make the top buttered. Let the dough rise for 1 hour in a draft-free place, covered with a damp clean cloth.
- Prepare two 9x5-inch loaf pans by buttering them. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Shape each half into a loaf. Place in the pans. Cover with the damp cloth. Let it rise for 1 hour, or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4).
- Brush the tops of the loaves with the egg whites.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown in color and sound hollow when tapped. Remove the loaves from the pans. Allow them to cool completely on a rack. Serve and enjoy your Honey White Bread!