Sweet Italian sausage
Lean ground beef
½ cup, minced
2 cloves, crushed
1 (28 oz.) can
2 (6 oz.) cans
Canned tomato sauce
2 (6.5) cans
Dried basil leaves
1 ½ tsp.
Ground black pepper
4 tbsp., chopped
¾ lb., sliced
¾ cup, grated
Best Lasagna Ever
2 h 30 m
2 h 60 m
- Put the first four ingredients (from Italian sausage to garlic) in a Dutch oven and cook over a medium heat until well browned.
- Add the next four ingredients (from crushed tomatoes to water) and season the mixture with the next 6 ingredients (from sugar to pepper) and 2 tbsp. parsley.
- Cover and let it simmer for about 1 h. 30 min. Stir occasionally.
- Add water to a large pot, add salt, and bring to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add ricotta cheese, egg, 2 tbsp. parsley, and ½ tsp. salt to a mixing bowl.
- Heat the oven to 375° F/190° C/Gas Mark 5.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish and spread 1 ½ cups of the meat sauce in the bottom of it.
- Arrange 6 noodles over the meat sauce lengthwise. Spread the noodles with a half of the ricotta cheese mix and top with 1/3 of Mozzarella slices.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of meat sauce over Mozzarella and sprinkle with ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Repeat the layers and top the dish with the rest of Mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover the dish with foil making sure the foil doesn’t touch the cheese to avoid sticking.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then discard the foil and bake for 25 minutes more.
- Cool for 15 minutes before you serve the lasagna.