Semisweet chocolate chips
Finely chopped almonds
- Mix the butter, sugar, and salt in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Stirring, cook over medium heat until the butter is melted. Bring to a boil. Cook until the mixture reaches 285 °F and turns dark amber. Stir occasionally.
- While the mixture is cooking, cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- When the mixture reaches 285 °F and changes color, pour onto the foil. Sprinkle the chocolate. Allow it to set for a minute.
- As soon as the chocolate is melted, spread it into a thin layer. Sprinkle the nuts over the top. Slightly press in.
- Put the toffee into the fridge until set. Break it into pieces.