Semisweet chocolate chips
1 lb and 12 oz
Instant coffee granules
Pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups
1 1/4 cups (divided)
3 cups, chopped
Brownies with Coffee and Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare a 12x18 baking sheet by buttering and flouring it.
- In a bowl over simmering water, mix butter, chips (1 lb), and chocolate. Next, let it cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, stir together eggs, coffee, pure vanilla extract, and sugar. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Stir. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Sift together all-purpose flour (1 cup), baking powder, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine nuts, chocolate chips (12 oz), all-purpose flour (1/4 cup). Add the mixture to the chocolate mixture. Pour into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Rap the sheet against the oven shelf. Bake for 15 minutes more (use a toothpick to check for doneness: insert it in the center and check if it comes out clean). Let the Coffee Brownies cool. Cut and serve. Enjoy your easy Brownies with Coffee and Walnuts!