Green cabbage leaves
Extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves, minced
Ground black pepper
Taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 cup, chopped
1 can, drained
1 (15-oz) can
Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup, shredded
Cabbage Recipes: Cabbage Burritos
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour water into a pot. Bring to a boil. Dip cabbage leaves in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium. Cook onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic. Add beef. Cook for 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Drain excess fat. Season with salt, ground black pepper, and taco seasoning. Add tomatoes, corn, and beans.
- Overlapping slightly, place two leaves side by side. Spoon the meat mixture in the center. Top the meat with cheeses. Fold short sides. Roll to form a burrito. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Serve and enjoy your Cabbage Burritos!