1 9-in unbaked pie crust
Light corn syrup
Instant coffee powder
1 cup, chopped
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Caffeinated Pecan Pie
1 h 30 m
1 h 60 m
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar, set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs well. Add salt, corn syrup and sugar-butter mixture, mix well.
- Mix instant coffee with 1 tsp water, add into the egg mixture, stir well. Fold in pecans.
- Spread chocolate chips in a single layer inside of the pie crust. Cover with pecan filling.
- Bake until set (usually it takes about 45 minutes). Let stand covered at room temperature overnight or for 8 hours.
- Whip cream with confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract. Serve pie with dollops of whipped cream on top.