4, skinless, boneless
Ground black pepper
2, peeled, pitted, sliced
2, ripe, sliced
Monterey Jack cheese
1 (8 oz.) package, cut into 10 slices
California Baked Chicken
- Heat the oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4.
- Add oil, chicken, and onion to a skillet and warm. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is almost done and a bit browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken on a cookie sheet. Place 1-2 slices of tomato and 2-3 slices of cheese on every chicken breast.
- Cook in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Take the dish out of the oven, top each breast with 2-3 avocado slices, and serve immediately.