for the pan
2 1/2 cups (plus for pan)
12 oz, grated
1 1/3 cups
Dark brown sugar
1/4 cup, firmly packed
8 oz (for frosting)
2 oz, room temperature (for frosting)
1 tsp (for frosting)
2 cups, sifted (for frosting)
Carrot Cake with Yogurt
1 h 0 m
1 h 40 m
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare a 9-inch cake pan (3-inch deep): butter and flour it, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Place carrots in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Process for 5 seconds. Add to the carrots. Toss to coat.
- In the food processor, combine sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and plain yogurt. Add vegetable oil (the food processor should be still running). Pour the mixture into the carrot mixture. Stir to combine. Pour into the cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes (middle rack). Then, reduce to 325° F (160° C/Gas mark 3). Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Let the Carrot Cake cool for 15 minutes. Turn onto a rack. Let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment until blended. Add vanilla. Beat until combined. Gradually add powdered sugar with the speed on LOW. After each addition, beat until the mixture is smooth. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Then, frost the cake. Serve and enjoy your Healthy Carrot Cake!