4 tbsps, plus more
2 lbs, cored, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 1/2 lbs, trimmed, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1/4 tsp, grated
8 oz, grated
Ground black pepper
Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas mark 5). Prepare a shallow baking dish by buttering it.
- Place sliced cauliflower and broccoli in the baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium. Add all-purpose flour. Cook for 2 minutes. Then, carefully whisk in milk. Allow the mixture to simmer, occasionally whisking, for 3 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add nutmeg. Stir in 1 1/4 cups Gruyère. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Pour the mixture over broccoli and cauliflower. Sprinkle with the remaining Gruyère. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Then, remove the aluminum foil. Keep baking for 20 minutes more, until the top is golden brown. Before serving the Cauliflower Gratin, allow it to stand for about 10 minutes.