White cake mix
1 box (15.25 oz)
1 1/4 cup
2/3 cup, diced
1/3 cup, softened
Pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp
- Following the cake mix package directions, preheat the oven (usually 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4)). Prepare a cupcake tin by greasing the bottom and sides.
- In a bowl, beat the cake mix, egg whites, champagne, and oil until bubbly. Fold in the berries.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds of the way full. Bake according to the instructions (usually 18 minutes). Use a toothpick to check for doneness: insert it in the center and see if it comes out with a few crumbs. Let the cupcakes cool.
- Beat powdered sugar (3 cups) and softened butter (1/3 cup) until combined. Carefully stir in vanilla extract (1 1/2 tsp) and champagne (3 tbsp) until the mixture is smooth. Frost the cupcakes.
- Slice the berries. Add sugar (1 tsp). Allow the berries to stand for 20 minutes. Top the cupcakes with strawberry slices.