Frozen puff pastry sheets
1 (17.3-oz) box, thawed
8 oz, softened
3 tbsps, plus for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas mark 6). Prepare 2 baking pans by lining them with parchment paper.
- Beat egg with 1 tsp of water.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolk, cheese, sugar, juice, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed in a separate bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Lay out 2 sheets of pastry. Cut each sheet into 4 squares. Fold the corners over by 1 inch. Spoon 2 tbsps cheese mixture into the center of each. Brush the exposed pastry with egg. Dust with sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown and puffed. Let the Cheese Danishes cool slightly. Serve and enjoy!