Hot dog buns
Monterey jack and cheddar cheese
3 cups, shredded, mixed
6 tbsp., for brushing
Cheesy Hot Dogs
- Prepare a non-stick skillet and heat it over a medium heat.
- Open each hot dog bun and roll it flat with a rolling pin.
- Spread the outside of each bun with 1 tbsp. butter.
- Put the buns on the skillet, buttered side down, and sprinkle them with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Slice every hot dog lengthwise to the point where it’s connected but lay flat on the grill.
- Place the hot dog on the grill, close to the bun, flat side down. Grill for 2 minutes or until it starts to brown. Then flip them over and grill for one more minute on the other side.
- Place the hot dog on one side of the bun and sprinkle with 3 tbsp. cheese.
- Close the bun and grill until the cheese is melted. Serve with mustard and ketchup.