1 (15 ounce) can
Sweetened condensed milk
1 (14 ounce) can
Freshly grated nutmeg
Chinese 5-spice powder
9-inch unbaked pie crust
The Best Pumpkin Pie
1 h 0 m
1 h 15 m
- Set oven to 425° F/ 220° C/ Gas Mark 7.
- Beat together pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and egg with a whisk in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and Chinese 5-spice powder; whisk well.
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and trim edges.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° F/ 175° C/ Gas Mark 4 and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the filling should come out dry. Allow to cool completely before serving. Serve garnished with whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg.