Ground black pepper
Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2, each cut into 8 strips
8, thawed, torn into pieces
Chicken Fingers with Waffle
- In a bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, Dijon mustard, salt (1/2 tsp), and ground black pepper (1/2 tsp). Add the chicken pieces. Toss to coat.
- Place waffles in a food processor. Make fine crumbs. Place the waffle crumbs on a baking sheet.
- In a skillet, heat oil (1/2 inch).
- Coat the chicken pieces with the waffles. Press firmly.
- Add the chicken pieces to the skillet. Fry for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Set a rack over a baking sheet. Transfer the chicken to the rack. Allow the chicken to drain. Serve and enjoy your waffle breaded chicken tenders!