4, boneless, skinless
½ tsp., freshly ground
¾ lb., cut into quarters
Low sodium chicken broth
1 cup, canned
Red pepper flakes
1 ½ tsp.
¼ cup, chopped
1/3 cup, grated
Chicken Pasta with Brussels Sprouts
- Prepare a large nonstick frying pan, add 1 tbsp. oil and 1 tbsp. butter, and heat over a medium heat.
- Season chicken with ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper, add chicken breasts, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is just done.
- Remove the chicken, let it cool for 5 minutes, and cut into small pieces.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp. oil and heat it over a medium heat.
- Add red onion and cook for 3 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Add garlic, Brussels sprouts, chicken broth, and red-pepper flakes; cover, bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (from chicken to salt and pepper) and remove from heat.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes or until just done.
- Drain, toss with the sauce, and serve.