Eye of round steak
1 lb, sliced (about 10 slices)
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh ground black pepper
Lime, juice and zest
Yellow onions, halved
Chili-Lime Steak with Roasted Vegetables
- While preheating oven to 475°F/240°C/Gas Mark 9, cover 2 baking sheets with foil and apply cooking spray to the foil.
- Mix chili with lime zest, pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Brush steaks with olive oil on both sides. Rub with the spice mixture.
- Drizzle steaks with lime juice, let stand for 10 minutes.
- While your steak is soaking in the oil and spices, toss the veggies in olive oil, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and transfer to one of the foil-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or a couple of minutes more until tender (use a fork to test the readiness). Remove from oven.
- Cook steaks for 2 minutes, turn once, cook for 2 more minutes till medium rare.
- Serve steaks with a side dish of vegetables on plates; garnish the dish with parsley.