Dutch-processed cocoa powder
Plain whole-milk yogurt
4 oz (for the filling)
5 tbsp (for the filling)
1/2 tsp (for the filling)
1 tsp (for the filling)
3 cups (for the filling)
Easy Peppermint Whoopie Pies
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Beat together granulated sugar, brown sugar, yogurt, canola oil, eggs, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer (medium speed). Reduce to low. Gradually add the flour and cocoa mixture. Mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip. Pipe 2-inch circles onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 minutes, or until spring back when touched. Allow the whoopie pies to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- To make the filling, beat together cheese and butter until fluffy with an electric mixer (medium speed). Reduce to low. Add peppermint and salt. Mix. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Mix for about 1 minute.
- Place half the whoopies bottom-side up. Add a dollop of the filling onto each. Top with the remaining whoopies. Serve and enjoy your Peppermint Whoopie Pies!