1 cup, softened
1 ½ cups
1 ½ tbsp.
Dark corn syrup
Classic Gingerbread Cookies
- Combine butter and sugar and stir until smooth. Add the egg and stir well again.
- Add the orange peel and the dark corn syrup and mix well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Chill the dough for from 2 hours to overnight.
- Heat the oven to 375° F/190° C/Gas Mark 5. Grease cookie sheets.
- Lightly flour the working surface and roll the dough to about ¼ inch thick.
- Using cookie cutters, cut the desired shapes. Put the cookies on the cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart from each other.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are firm and a bit toasted on the edges.