2 1/2 cups
1 stick, softened
Whole milk ricotta cheese
1 (15-oz) container
To make the glaze:
1 1/2 cups
Cookies with Lemon Glaze
2 h 35 m
2 h 50 m
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas mark 5). Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy (3 minutes). Gradually add eggs, beating until combined. Add cheese, juice, and zest. Beat until the mixture is combined. Add the flour mixture. Stir.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to rest on the baking sheet for about 20 minutes.
- To make the glaze, in a bowl, combine powdered sugar (1 1/2 cups), juice (3 tbsp), and zest (1 lemon). Stir until the mixture is smooth. Spoon the mixture onto each cookie. Spread with the back of a spoon. Allow to harden for 2 hours. Serve and enjoy your Lemon Icing Cookies!