1 lemon Lemon zest – 1 lemon
1 tsp, chopped
10 lbs, giblets removed
Ground black pepper
1 head, halved crosswise
Cooking a Turkey: Roast Turkey
2 h 50 m
2 h 80 m
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas mark 6).
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and thyme (1 tsp). Stir and set aside.
- Wash the turkey. Remove excess fat. Pat the turkey dry. Put it in a roasting pan. Season the inside of the turkey with salt and ground black pepper. Stuff with thyme, lemon, onion, and garlic. Brush the outside with the lemon zest mixture. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper.
- Tie the turkey legs together. Tug the wings under the body.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear. Transfer the turkey to a cutting board. Cover with foil. Allow to rest for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!