Freshly ground black pepper
Cooking Steak in Oven: Best Method
- Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450° F (220° C/Gas mark 8).
- Rub the meat with oil (1 tbsp). Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over high. When it's hot, add the steak. Sear for 3 minutes, or until starts to pull away. Flip. Transfer to the oven.
- Roast in the oven for 8 minutes, or until it reaches the internal temperature of 135° F (57° C). Before slicing, allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Make sure to slice against the grain.