3 tbsp., melted
Packed brown sugar
6, halved lengthwise
Whipped heavy cream
1 ½ cups
Creamy Banana Crepes
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and confectioners’ sugar, stirring. Add the next five ingredients (from eggs to salt) and beat until smooth.
- Prepare a 6-inch skillet, lightly grease it, and heat. Add 3 tbsp. of batter and swirl it so that the batter covers the bottom almost completely.
- Cook until a bit browned, flip over, and cook until the other side is slightly browned, too.
- Repeat the same with the remaining part of the batter greasing the skillet when necessary.
- Take a large skillet and melt ¼ cup butter in it. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the cream and keep cooking until it thickens a bit.
- Add bananas, half of them at a time, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes pouring the sauce on them from time to time. Remove from the heat.
- Roll a crepe around each half of a banana and place them on a serving plate. Pour the sauce on the crepes, top with whipped cream and cinnamon.