Low-sodium chicken broth - 4 cups
1 medium onion, small chopped
2 ½ cups
Dry white wine
1 cup, finely grated
Fresh ground black pepper
1 cup+extra for serving, coarsely grated
Deli-smoked chicken breast
8 oz, medium diced
¼ cup, chopped
Creamy Chicken Risotto
- In a saucepan, bring 4 cups of water and chicken broth to simmer.
- In a pot, melt 4 tbsps butter over medium heat. Stir in the onion, cook until softened and translucent. Add Arborio rice and thyme sprigs, cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until the rice is well coated with butter. Pour wine over the rice, mix well. Cook, stirring constantly, until the rice absorbs the wine. Season with salt.
- With a ladle, transfer the broth into the pot by small portions (about ½ cup each). Stir constantly each time to help the rice absorb the liquid. Cook until tender (about 20 minutes)
- Toss the thyme sprigs. Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, the remaining butter, season with more salt and black pepper. Stir in the fontina cheese (gently!) and chopped smoked chicken.
- Serve on plated topped with chopped parsley and grated fontina.