1 ½ cups
½ cup, lukewarm
3 ½ - 4 cups
1, lightly beaten
Crisp Pumpkin Bread Sticks
- Heat the oven to 400° F/200° C/Gas Mark 6.
- Add the first five ingredients (from pumpkin puree to vegetable oil) and 1 cup flour in a large bowl (or in a bowl of a stand mixer). Mix until well combined.
- Add the first portion of sunflower, sesame, and flax seeds.
- Using the kneading hook of your mixer, add 2 cups flour gradually and knead until the dough is smooth and moist.
- Prepare a bowl and grease it, then put the dough in the bowl, cover with a plastic wrap, and let it rise for about 1 to 1.5 hour or until doubled.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and deflate it gently.
- Divide the dough into 6 portions equally and form logs, about 1 ½ inches wide and 12 inches long each.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and put the longs on it. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Cover the dough with a clean towel and let it rise for about 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled.
- Brush the dough logs with the egg and sprinkle with the remaining seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Place on a cooling rack to cool.