2 tbsp. + more for the cup
Customizable Cake (in a Mug)
- Grease a large microwave-safe mug with vegetable oil. (make sure the mug is really large – you’ll get about ¾ cup of batter, and it should not level up to two-thirds of the mug’s height, or it will overflow. Alternatively, if you only have small or medium-sized mugs, complete the mixing process in a bowl, then transfer the batter to mugs).
- Add flour, sugar, and baking powder to a mug. Mix to combine.
- At this stage, it’s time to pick your option:
- For a chocolate mugcake, mix in 2 tbsp. chocolate milk powder,
- For a banana-chocolate mugcake, add ½ cubed banana,
- For a blueberry mugcake, skip the cocoa, and add vanilla and blueberries.
- Stir in milk, then add egg and stir with a fork. Add oil, stir until you get a smooth batter.
- Nuke on High for 1 minute (your microwave oven may have different settings, so adjust the time to your microwave). Use a toothpick or a skewer if your mug is high to check if the batter has fully cooked in the center and bottom. Make sure you do not overbake it!
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top or simply sprinkle your mugcake with confectioner’s sugar.