4, sliced into ¼ inch slices
1, sliced into rings
1 ½ cups, shredded
Delightful Au Gratin Potatoes
1 h 30 m
1 h 60 m
- Heat the oven to 400° F/200° C/Gas Mark 6.
- Prepare a 1-quart casserole dish and butter it.
- Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish, top with onions, and cover with the rest of the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter to a medium-sized pan and melt it over a medium heat.
- Add flour and salt and stir for 1 minute continuously.
- Add milk and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add cheese and stir the mixture for 30 to 60 seconds. Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes and cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours.