Flat-cut beef brisket
1, thinly sliced
6 cloves, thinly sliced
Easiest Corned Beef
6 h 30 m
6 h 45 m
- Turn on your oven to preheat to 275°F/140°C/Gas Mark 1.
- If there is a flavoring packet with your flat-cut brisket, discard it. Brush the meat on all sides with the browning sauce.
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet; heat over medium-high heat.
- Place brisket into the skillet; let brown on one side (5 to 8 minutes); turn over and let brown on the other side.
- Add water to a roasting pan and arrange a rack set in it. Place the brisket on the rack set; top with sliced onions and garlic. Use aluminum foil to cover the pan.
- Cook for about 6 hours until the beef is tender.
- Serve with mustard or horseradish.
- Note: you can cook this corned beef in a slow cooker - 6 hours on low will do as well.