3/4 lb, unpeeled, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1/2 cup and 2 tbsp, grated
Salt and ground black pepper
Favorite Recipe: Eggplant Gratin
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas mark 6).
- In a pan over medium, heat 1/8 inch oil. Cook eggplant for 5 minutes, or until browned on each side. Drain the eggplant on paper towels.
- Mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup), egg, half-and-half, salt (1/8 tsp), and ground black pepper (1/8 tsp).
- Place eggplant slices in 2 gratin dishes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper. Spoon 1/2 of the marinara. Arrange the second layer of eggplant slices. Add salt and ground black pepper. Add the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese (1 tbsp). Place the gratin dishes on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until browned. Serve and enjoy your Eggplant Gratin!