Chow mein noodles (or dry spaghetti)
Oyster sauce (or hoisin sauce)
1 1/2 tsp
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 lb, sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
1 cup, sliced
3 cups, sliced
1 1/2 cups (optional)
2/3 cup, chopped
2 tsp, minced
2 cloves, minced
Easy Chicken Chow Mein
- Cook noodles following the package's directions.
- Whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and sugar in a bowl.
- In a deep non-stick skillet, heat oil over high. Cook chicken for 3 minutes. Turn. Cook for 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat. Add oil (1 tbsp). Next, add celery. Saute for 3 minutes. Add cabbage. Cook for 2 minutes. Add carrots, onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, or until crisp.
- Add noodles. Stir. Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the Chicken Chow Mein. Toss to coat. Serve and enjoy your Homemade Chow Mein!