3 ½ cups (3 oz)
Serrano chili pepper, halved, seeded
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 1/3 cups
Yellow onion, minced
Long-grain white rice
Easy Cilantro-Flavored Rice
- Blend cilantro, garlic, and serrano chili pepper with 2 cups broth until smooth.
- Add olive oil to a large frying pan preheated over medium-high heat; cook chopped onion until tender.
- Add dry rice, season with salt; stir well; cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cilantro broth and the remaining clear broth; stir to combine.
- Bring the rice to boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer under the lid until the rice is soft.
- Remove from heat; let rest for 5 minutes. Serve.