Easy Collard and Cabbage Slaw
- 1 onion, sliced very thinly
- Apple cider vinegar – ¼ cup
- Whole grain mustard – 2 tbsp.
- Honey – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Olive oil – 2/3 cup
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Collard greens – 1 small bunch, stems trimmed, shredded
- Green cabbage – ½ small head, shredded
- Cooked bacon – 6 slices, crumbled
- Whisk apple cider vinegar with honey, mustard, and olive oil. Mix in the onions. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, tossing occasionally to help the onions wilt.
- Add collards greens and cabbage to a salad bowl, top with wilted onions and dressing, toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.