Frozen puff pastry
1 sheet (1/2 package), thawed
Instant vanilla pudding
½ cup, thawed
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 oz. or more, to taste
Easy Cream Puffs
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Lightly dust work surface with flour. Unfold puff pastry sheet; roll it out to a square with 10-in sides.
- Use a 3-in cookie cutter or just a glass to cut 9 circles out of the puff pastry. Arrange 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk pudding into the milk, beat for 2 minutes. Add whipped topping, whisk well and chill for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave at 15 second intervals until completely melted.
- Split a baked puff pastry circle in two halves. Top one half with chilled pudding and cover with the other half. Drizzle with chocolate or spoon chocolate on top to form a cap, depending on how much chocolate you want.