4, peeled and cubed (4 cups)
Skinless walleye or cod
1 1/2 lb, cubed
1, thinly sliced
1 stalk, thinly sliced
1 clove, finely chopped
Easy Fish Pie
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain. Using a potato masher, mash with 3 tbsp butter. Add 3 tbsp cream. Puree until the mixture is smooth. Season with salt.
- Position the rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4).
- In a skillet over high, melt 2 tbsp butter. Add fish and cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard the cooking liquid. Drain the fish cubes.
- In a skillet, cook vegetables in 2 tablespoon butter for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Deglaze with 3 tbsp white wine. Add vegetable broth and 1/3 cup cream. Simmer over medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Add fish.
- Spoon the mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread the potatoes over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until starts to brown. Before serving, allow the fish pie to cool for 10 minutes.