1, 12 lb.
Freshly ground black pepper
Easy Herb Roasted Turkey
4 h 15 m
4 h 45 m
- Preheat oven to 325°F/170°C/Gas Mark 3. Remove the organ and giblets from the turkey. Place the bird into a large roasting pan with a lid.
- Mix olive oil with the herbs and dried garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- With a basting brush, coat the uncooked turkey in the marinade on all sides.
- Pour water in the bottom of the roasting pan, cover the pan, and pop in the oven.
- Bake for 3 hours, then check the inside temperature with an instant-read thermometer – it should read 180°F/82°C. If the temperature is lower, return the bird into the oven and bake for half an hour more.
- Remove from oven, let sit at room temperature for half an hour before carving and serving.
- If you like your turkey to be crisp and browned, remove the voer (lid or foil) 30 minute before the turkey is ready. If it turns out not to be ready by this time, cover the top with foil to prevent the bird from drying up and further browning.