Chipotle chili pepper
2 lbs, peeled, cut into ¼ inch thick half-moons
Smoking oak sawdust chips
¼ cup, finely chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
Scallions, all parts, thinly sliced
Easy Spicy Salad with Smoked Sweet Potatoes
- Prepare the rub by mixing everything from the ‘for the rub’ section in a small bowl.
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to boil; simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain, place in a large bowl, toss with 2 tbsps of the rub to coat well.
- Fry the bacon over medium heat until crisp; crumble and set aside.
- Put the sawdust evenly in the bottom of the smoker. Place the potatoes evenly on the rack; close the lid; turn to medium heat. Smoke for 15 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are completely cooked.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo with mustard, adobo sauce, scallions, and chopped cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Add half of the bacon crumbs. Toss with sweet potatoes until combined; add the remaining bacon. Refrigerate before serving.