Tomato basil pasta sauce
Medium zucchini, shredded
Low-fat cottage cheese or ricotta
Frozen spinach, thawed, drained
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 ½ tsp.
Oven-ready lasagna noodles
Canned mushroom pieces, drained
1 4-oz can
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Easy Vegetarian Lasagna
- In a large bowl, stir shredded zucchini with pasta sauce.
- In another large bowl, stir cottage cheese or ricotta with drained spinach, grated Parmesan, and oregano until well combined.
- Scoop ¼ cup of the zucchini mixture into an 8-in square baking dish, spread evenly.
- Cover with 2 lasagna noodles. Top with ½ cup of the zucchini mixture, then dot with ½ cup of spinach mixture in small spoonfuls. Spread gently. Sprinkle about ¼ mushrooms and 2 oz. Mozzarella.
- Repeat the last steps.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray, place it oily side down onto the lasagna, wrap the edges to cover the whole dish. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Bake lasagna in the preheated oven (keep the foil attached).
- After 45 minutes, remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes until the cheese on top is bubbly. Remove from oven, let stand for 10 minutes, slice up, and serve.