Medium ripe banana
Vegetable oil, for the pan
½ cup (can be replaced with chocolate chips)
Fresh fruit or berries
1 cup, for serving
Maple syrup, jam, confectioner’s sugar, fave toppings, for serving
- Peel the banana. In a medium bowl, mash it thoroughly with a fork until there are no more chunks at all.
- Add any of the extras (you can choose one or a few or all at once, but in this case leave the chunky ingredients for when the pancakes are already on the pan).
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl until the whites and yolks are properly combined. Add the eggs to bananas and extras, stir well. The batter will be quite loose, but don’t worry.
- Pre-heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a little oil, swirl to cover well. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake, cook for 1 minute, sprinkle with chunky toppings, flip gently with a very thin spatula.
- Cook for another minute until golden brown on both sides. You can cook the pancakes for several times on each side to let them brown properly and keep them from burning.
- Serve warm with fave toppings.