1 1/2 tbsp
Fantastic Peach Pie
1 h 45 m
1 h 75 m
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
- In a bowl, combine peaches, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1 pinch salt. Set the bowl aside for half an hour. Strain the juices into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Keep cooking for 5 min, until thickens.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1/2 cup white sugar, all-purpose flour, and cornstarch. Stir lemon juice, pepper, and ground cinnamon into the peaches. Add the flour and sugar mixture. Toss. Pour the thickened peach juice over the mixture. Stir well.
- Roll out 1/2 the pastry until it fits a 10-inch pie plate. Put the bottom crust in the pie plate. Pour the filling into the shell.
- Tap the pie plate to settle the peach filling. Dot with butter. Roll the remaining crust and cut into strips (from 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch).
- Lay 5 parallel strips over the top (with about 1/2-inch or 3/4-inch space between them) and weave the remaining strips through. Fold the ends under the bottom crust. Brush cream over the top of the pie. Sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, until browned. Allow the peach pie to cool. Serve and enjoy!