2 ¾ cups
1 ¾ cup
½ cup, melted
1 cup, drained
Festive Cranberry Orange Bread
- Heat the oven to 400° F/200° C/Gas Mark 6.
- Take a large bowl and combine the first five ingredients (from flour to baking soda) in it.
- Add butter and stir the mixture until crumbly.
- Reserve about ¼ cup cranberries and ¼ cup oranges; add the rest to the flour mixture.
- Beat all the ingredients but the last one (from eggs to orange extract) in another bowl.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the flour mixture until the batter incorporates thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and scatter the rest of cranberries and mandarin oranges over the batter. Sprinkle with white sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4 and bake for 35 to 40 more minutes or until the center springs back when touched.