4, large, peeled, diced
½, peeled, finely diced
Red bell pepper
½ cup, finely diced
¼ cup, minced
1, large, seeded, minced
2 cloves, minced
1 pinch (or to taste)
to taste, freshly ground
Extra-virgin olive oil
Ground black pepper
- Combine the first 6 ingredients (from tomatoes to garlic) in a large bowl. Add the next five ingredients (from salt to black pepper) and stir well.
- Place the next five ingredients (from cherry tomatoes to Worcestershire sauce) to a blender, cover, and puree until smooth.
- Using a strainer, pour the pureed mixture into the tomato mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Put the 1/3 of the tomato mixture to the blender, cover, and puree until smooth.
- Return the pureed mixture to the tomato mixture, stir well, cover, and chill for about 2 hours.
- Season the soup with salt and black pepper, ladle into bowl, top with basil, and serve.