3 cups (plus for surface)
FOR THE FROSTING
1 (8-oz) block, softened
1/2 cup, softened
Pink and red food coloring
New Recipe: Heart-Shaped Cookies
1 h 10 m
1 h 40 m
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Then, with a mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Beat until combined. Then, gradually add the flour mixture.
- Shape the mixture into a disc. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Flour a work surface. Roll out the dough (1/8-inch thick). Cut out heart-shaped cookies. Arrange them on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, or until golden.
- With a mixer, beat cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat. Divide into 3 bowls. Add pink coloring to one bowl. Then, add red coloring to the second bowl. Stir. With an offset spatula, frost the heart-shaped cookies. Top with sprinkles if desired. Enjoy!