1 1/2 cups (plus for dusting)
1, lightly beaten
Homemade Potato Gnocchi
2 h 5 m
2 h 25 m
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Place potatoes in a pot. Cover with water (2 inches). Bring to a boil over medium-high. Cook for 50 minutes, adding more water if needed, until fork-tender. Drain.
- Peel the potatoes and cut. Pass through a potato ricer onto a work surface. Sprinkle with salt (about 1 tsp). Allow to cool completely. Next, sprinkle with flour. Drizzle with egg. Combine using a fork. Knead for 2 minutes, until combined. Form a ball and cut it into 4 pieces.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll each dough piece into a 3/4-inch-thick log. Cut into 1-inch pieces. To form grooves, roll on the back of the tines of a fork. Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Pour water into a pot. Add salt. Bring to a boil. Cook the Potato Gnocci for 1 minute, until they float. Then, cook for 1 minute more. Strain. Serve tossed with a sauce. Enjoy!