1 ½ lb., extra lean
2 cloves, minced
Green bell pepper
1 ½ tsp., or to taste
Ground black pepper
Rich Sloppy Joes
- Take a large skillet, add ground beef and onion, heat over a medium heat, and cook, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes or until the beef is browned and small crumbles form.
- Add garlic and bell pepper and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add 1 cup water and stir well.
- Add the next seven ingredients (from ketchup to water) and place the skillet back to heat.
- Simmer on a low heat for about 40 minutes or until the juices evaporate and the mixture becomes thick. Stir occasionally.
- Season with all the remaining ingredients (from salt to cayenne pepper) and serve.