1 tbsp., or as needed
1 lb., skinless, boneless, coarsely chopped
¼ cup, sliced
4 cloves, minced
2 tbsp. (use Thai chilies, Serrano, or other types)
1 cup, fresh, very thinly sliced
2 cups, hot
Hot Basil Chicken
- Whisk the first six ingredients (from chicken broth to brown sugar) in a large bowl until well blended.
- Prepare a large skillet and heat it over a high heat. Drizzle in the oil, add chicken, and stir fry it for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it no longer has a raw color.
- Add shallots, garlic, and pepper. Stir the mixture and cook on a high heat until juices begin to caramelize, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of the sauce mix and cook stirring until the sauce starts to caramelize or for about 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the sauce and cook stirring until it has deglazed the bottom of the pan.
- Go on cooking until the sauce glazes on the meat or from 1 to 2 more minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add basil and cook stirring until the basil is wilted, for only about 20 sec. Serve chicken with rice.