1 1/4 cup
1 tbsp, melted
Pure vanilla extract
How to Make Beignets
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks, water, granulated sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Fold into the flour mixture.
- With a mixer, beat egg whites on medium speed in a separate bowl. When soft peaks appear, fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot to 375° F (190° C). Drop spoonfuls of batter into the pot. Fry for 5 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to the prepared plate. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy your beignets!